Crabb Insurance Agency was founded in 1945 by Harry Crabb in Bloomingdale, Ohio. Mr. Crabb, a member of the Patrons of Husbandry, founded the agency in order to provide insurance coverage to his fellow members via the Grange Mutual Casualty Company.
In 1957, Mr. Crabb and his wife moved to East Palestine and established his agency in that community, where it has been providing personal lines insurance to area residents ever since. In 1967 Harry sold the agency to his daughter and son-in-law, Myrtle and Paul Mollenkopf. Myrtle oversaw the day-to-day operations out of their home on East North Ave in East Palestine welcoming their son Thomas into the agency on a full-time basis in 1973.
In 1980, Thomas and his wife purchased the agency from Paul and Myrtle and moved the agency to East Taggart Street in East Palestine. In 1997, the agency was moved to its current location on Market Street.
In 2004, Tom and Mary's oldest son, David, joined the agency and in 2005 they completed the purchase of the former JW George Agency in Salem, Oio. The Salem office moved to its current location at 217 North Lincoln Ave in January, 2008.
In addition to operating their agencies, Thomas and David are both active members of their communities. We hold active memberships and board seats in the Salem Rotary, Unity Twp Ruritan, East Palestine and Salem Chambers of Commerce, Unity Grange, Columbiana County and Ohio Cattleman's Association, Columbiana County Ohio State Alumni Club, Salem Community Center as well as The Centenary United Methodist Church in East Palestine. The strength of our communities are at the core of our businesses and we feel it is our privilege and responsibility to give back to them in as many ways as we can.